What you are going to learn today may change everything you thought you knew about making money online and about businesses. Billion-dollar companies that have been around for decades had historically all the advantages. They made all the money, had all the contacts, all the relationships, so they dominated. But not anymore.
You see, in 2018 Amazon has completely leveled the playing field. They have made available to the wide public powerful tools that used to be available only to big name brands. What’s even better, in the Amazon environments, very few sellers know how to use these tools to massively ramp up their businesses.
Today, you will discover how to rank a brand new product at the top of Amazon, even if you’ve never sold on Amazon before and your product has just been created. You will learn how to leverage the power of Amazon’s own tools to take your ASM business to a whole new level.
Create a Product Listing
Once you’ve picked a red-hot product to sell on Amazon (note: link here to the first article about picking products), and once you’ve ordered inventory (note: link here to the second article about inventory), you need to create a product listing inside Amazon, so you can start selling your product when it’s ready.
The process is not complicated at all. Once you log into your Seller Central account, hover over Catalog and then click on Add a Product. Once on the page, scroll down and click on Create a New Product Listing. Once there, type in your name of the product in the search bar and click Find a Category. You can also select your own category from the listing below.
Once inside the product listing page, you need to fill in the product name, the brand name, the manufacturer, and then go to the Offer and fill in your place. You can always change these settings later on. Under Fulfillment Channel, it is absolutely critical to select: I want Amazon to ship and provide customer service for my items.
You then need to go back to the Vital Info tab and select the UPC number of your product.
Now that your listing is created, you can start focusing on product listing optimization.
Product Listing Optimization 101
When it comes to generating quick sales for your product, you absolutely must pay attention to a few critical details for your listing. If you get these right, you could start selling immediately, even with zero reviews.
The three most important elements of your listing are the images, keywords and the title.
1. Images: you can use up to 9 images, and you should make the most out of each slot available. Your main image should be just your product. Aim for 1000 pixels x 1000 pixels so that it is zoomable. For the remaining images, you can get creative and use lifestyle & feature images. You should use images that show people using your product, images showing features & benefits of your product, and images detailing the accessories of your product.
The images should be eye-catching and should stimulate your potential buyers to make a purchase.
2. Keywords: you need to start off by finding out which keywords you should use. The best way to search for keywords is by using Amazon’s search box and look for suggestions. If you are selling soap dispensers, just type in “soap dispenser” in the search box and you will get a complete list of keywords you can use in your listing: soap dispenser for kitchen sink, soap dispenser automatic, soap dispenser pump, soap dispenser glass, soap dispenser with sponge holder. You should also play around with the main keywords and discover potential keywords that might boost your rankings.
3. Your listing title is extremely important. Depending on the category you’re in, you will be permitted anywhere from 15 to 200 characters. You need to include as many as the following in your title:
- Main keyword at the beginning of your title
- Brand: you want to scale up your brand recognition
- Main benefit of your product
- Main feature of your product
- Add secondary keywords
An example of a proper title for your soap dispenser product might be:
Automatic Soap Dispenser by Rich Kitchen, Hands-Free for No Mess & No Fuss. Stainless-Steel with Infrared Sensor for Kitchen Countertops or Bathrooms.
Here are some other important sections you need to optimize in your listing:
- Bullet points: you have around 50 to 500 characters for bullet point, and 5 bullet points. Thanks to this extra space, you can easily insert your main keywords, the benefits, the features, and you can also overcome any potential objection your customers have.
- Description: the description has become less important over the years, but it is still a key element in helping to increase conversions on your product page. Use it wisely to give a complete overview of your product and highlight the main reasons why a customer should buy your product instead one of your competition. Add images in the description and also add all the keywords you weren’t able to include in your title and bullet points.
Optimizing your listing is very important. Once your listing is live, you can also add more keywords and improve your text. However, optimization is just the first step of your road to success.
So you’ve just created a brand for a product, you have created a well optimized listing, you have a few reviews, and now you are ready to produce sales fast and ramp up your business. The process ASM developed is called “The Listing Launch System”.
The first thing you can do to promote your product is to take advantage of Amazon’s unique 180 million per month visitors. You should use Amazon’s Sponsored Product Ads to maximize your reach directly on Amazon.
Setting up Sponsored Product Ads on Amazon is way easier than setting up a PPC campaign on AdWords or on Facebook Ads. After you set up a daily budget, select the start and end date, choose the targeting and create ad groups, you are ready to go. When selecting the bid, make sure you go with a bid lower than what Amazon suggests.
2. Social Media
Another great way to promote your products is to leverage the power of social media. Amazon has its own social media advertising in place, called the Social Media Promo Code. This is a very specific type of discount code that you, as a professional seller on Amazon, can create and distribute on all your social media ads.
For instance, you can offer a 50% off for your product launch, and insert the code in Facebook Ads, Twitter Ads and even emails.
When it comes to social media promotion, you can easily save money by advertising your product for free. Create a Facebook page for your product and design a special offer where you will share your coupon link. You should also invite your friends to your Facebook page and ramp up your social media reach.
The Bottom Line
These promotions combined with a powerful listing will help you rank organically within Amazon in just 4-5 days after launching your product. Thanks to Amazon’s powerful tools that are available to you today, you can easily grow your new brand and position yourself as an expert seller in your niche.
After a successful launch, you can keep repeating the process above for each product you have. For each product you add to your brand, the revenues can grow exponentially. Yes, it takes time, but in the end it’s worth it. Remember, each product you have is an asset that is making you money 24/7.
In the last video presentation, the owners of ASM will teach you how you can put all the information together so that you become the next success story. You will discover the exact path successful ASM members took in order to become millionaires, and you will also understand how to walk in their footsteps to experience success yourself.